Thursday, July 14, 2011


As I've said in a few previous posts, my best friends came to visit this past week along with 2 of their 3 kiddos. All 8 of us squished into my 3bed/2bath house, and we had a great time. Jax loved seeing his friend Max, but they were definitely missing their friend Ben. He stayed home with his daddy because it was too hard for Mary to bring 2 kids, and it was much easier to leave a 2-year-old than a 3-month-old. We talked about Ben a lot and the boys kept asking for him. Someday soon they will all be able to play together. Jax and Max had a hard time sharing and unfortunately there were a lot of spankings and a lot of (forced) turn-taking. But overall, they still wanted to play together and they still seemed to have a great time. I, of course, loved having girl time. It was nice to be surrounded by girlfriends and get the chance to chat and have fun with them.

I took them to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Friday because they had never been. It was SO yummy... as always! After that we visited the Splash Pad and let the boys run through the water. Then we came home for naps, ran back out to get stuff to make pomegranate margaritas, then came back home to grill pizza. It was a fun day!

Sullivan was pooped at the end of the day

Jax loved holding him... can't wait to give him a sibling!

Cute boys eating their food

On Saturday we decided to risk the 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms and headed to Myrtle Beach. It was really the only day that worked for us, and luckily it didn't start raining until right when we got back in the car to head home late in the afternoon. Going to the beach with toddlers and a baby is tough. There is so much stuff that is needed and then everything gets sandy and muddy, and it was just very overwhelming. Plus it was super hot and super humid. We only stayed there for about an hour and a half, then we headed to Broadway at the Beach. The rides were waaaay overpriced ($3.50 PER TICKET!!), but it was fun to walk around and eat an early dinner there before heading home.
The boys LOVED the waves!
My handsome beach babe

Me and Jax
Danielle and Max
Mary and Sully
Us girls with our kids

Sunday we went to church, then grilled chicken for lunch. After naps we headed to Monkey Joe's and let the kids play for a couple hours. We came back home and had dinner and just let the boys play until bedtime.

Monday we went to a nice park on post but it got way too hot way too fast. We weren't there long before we decided to just head home. I had my HSG appointment at noon. (And everything came back NORMAL!! Woo! It feels good to know that there aren't any medical reasons for us not getting pregnant. Now I just have to work on trusting God and His timing for baby #2) So, later that night we headed to Miyabi, our favorite tepan-yaki place. It was a great way to end a fun week with friends.

The next day we just got everything packed up and I drove them up to Raleigh for their flight at 2pm. Once I came home, the house seemed so quiet and empty. It made me sad! I have the best girlfriends and I had such a great time with them here. I can't wait to move back to California and be able to see them all the time!


  1. Sounds like you guys had so much fun!!

  2. Looks like so much fun! I wish my friends had babies so bad