photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, July 8, 2013

Lexi turns ONE!

This post is a huge picture overload... but I just cant help myself!

We had a fantastic Fourth of July/Lexi's birthday!!!

Our day started with star pancakes, and some red/white/blue flair on the side.

The birthday girl loved it!

We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon getting everything ready for the party. I love this wall in my breakfast nook. It's the perfect place for the birthday banner that I made and for her monthly pictures. 

I'm so glad I remembered to take pictures each month!

And remember when I talked about this super cute invitation from Tiny Prints

Well, I partnered with them to help make Lexi's party extra special with those cute invitations and the decorations I made to match. How cute is this bunting to match the invitation?? Love it!

And  more of the set-up from the party... drinks!
I made lemonade, then we provided tequila or rum to add to it. We also had sweet tea, beer, and water bottles (but who wants boring ol' water? ;) )

We used these cute mason jars for drinks. I ordered the lids and straws from Enchanted Frog Events on Etsy. 

For food, we had burgers, hot dogs, and chicken... because you can't have a Fourth of July BBQ without those things! We also had baked beans, caprese salad, watermelon skewers, and red/white/blue fruit parfaits. Dessert was chocolate cupcakes, apple crisp, and homemade vanilla ice cream. We had a feast, y'all!

I used Pinterest to get some cute ideas for the party.

I didn't get a picture of our watermelon skewers, but it was based off of this.
(picture from Pinterest)

Our red/white/blue fruit parfaits

How cute are these berry ice cubes?!


And these sparkler box wrappers
We handed these out at the end so that all the kids could go out front and light them.

The birthday girl had a great time. 

She loves her Grammy (Ryan's mom)

The boys loved the watermelon skewers.

Me and my favorite girls!
(Lexi's adorable shirt is from Sweet T Kids... thanks Tami!)


Lexi is greatly outnumbered by boys around here!

My loves

And my sweet birthday girl!

She was interested in the candle...

...but not so much in the cake. We had such high hopes for an awesome smash cake because she is always screaming at us for whatever sugary treat we have, and she usually devours her food. But she totally disappointed! Boo! She ate one bite... after I had to hand it to her... and that was it. Not cool, Lexi, not cool. Jax was unimpressed with his smash cake too. Why won't my kids smash their cakes??

She did enjoy opening presents. The paper was much more fun than the actual presents, of course. 



After presents, we headed out to do sparklers. She wanted to grab them so badly!

 After sparklers, we put Lexi to bed then the big boys played in our playroom while the grownups relaxed and chatted until the sun went down. Once it was dark, we headed back outside for our fireworks show. A bunch of neighbors pitched in, plus our friends brought some, so we ended up with lots of fireworks!

These 4 boys are the best of friends. I love them so. 

We let the boys do more sparklers until everyone decided it was time to wrap things up. It was almost 10pm and we were tired!

 We are so blessed to have amazing family and friends who love us and love our kids so much. 
We had such a great time celebrating Lexi's first birthday!!


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Everything turned out so cute!!! I'm so glad Lexi had such an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete