photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Our day started out really early... like 4:55am early. Jax came into our room dressed in his Valentine's clothes and ready for the day. What is wrong with my kid?! We stuck him downstairs in front of the babysitter TV, gave him some yogurt and went back to bed until Lexi woke up at 6:15. Ryan had to get on the road for work, so it was just the kids and I for the morning. 

Jax opened his presents... a new cup, the game UNO, and a new shirt with a cape! He loved that!

We had heart shaped toast, heart shaped strawberries and berry milk in his new cup for breakfast
(Side note- I make my own berry sauce for milk, plain yogurt, etc. Just put 2 cups of berries, 1/4 cup of water and 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes then puree with an immersion blender or pour into a regular blender. Strain through a fine sieve and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Super easy and yummy)

I dropped Jax off at school, came home to put Lexi down for a nap and nurse her, then went back to school for Jax's Valentine's party. The teachers did a great job making everything fun for his class.





After school, we went to Chipotle for lunch then ran a few errands. I made coq au vin for dinner (chicken and wine, my grandma's recipe... Ryan's favorite) and Jax and I surprised him with this fun set up. Please excuse our patio table and folding chairs. We're bare bones living until we move in 12 days.

I also made Ryan's favorite dessert- carrot cake. It's not my favorite, but this was a new recipe and it was actually pretty good. And it was heart shaped, of course. 

I took this quick picture of my two lovies this evening. Please excuse Lexi's shirt that is COVERED in drool. Teething sucks. 

I didn't get any pictures with the hot guy who gave me these two babies ;) But I sure do love him a lot. 

I hope ya'll had a great day!












No comments:

Post a Comment