photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, August 15, 2011

Mercies in Disguise

As most of you know, we have been struggling to get pregnant with another baby. We have officially been trying for a year and it's really taken a toll on me. I get so discouraged and am consistently in a negative mood, which is no good for Ryan or Jax. I have my ups and downs but there seems to be a lot more down than up over the past year and a half.

Over the past week, I've really felt things shifting towards positiveness... Is that a word?! I've had multiple people tell me that they have been praying for me/us, and that they feel as though God is preparing me for the future. That I will remember this difficult time in order to be a witness and support for others who are going through something similar.

I've also come across the song "Blessings" by Laura Story multiple times over the past week. One person suggested it to me through a text and two other people posted it on Facebook. I think God is trying to tell me something! Check it out on YouTube or download it through iTunes. I've been playing it over and over and over... And clinging to every word! Here's the chorus...

What if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your mercies come through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?



This morning during my quiet time, I was looking up "promise" verses and come across 2 Corinthians 1:21-22. This is what it says,
"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on is, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (Emphasis mine)

That last line just really got me. His Spirit is a deposit in our hearts as a guarantee of His promises. Amen and amen!

I hope that song and that verse can be an encouragement to any of you who are struggling, like it has been for me!!




1 comment:

  1. So weird, I just had a post on the song I have been Blessed hours apart from yours! I don't know exacatly how you feel b/c fertility hasn't been my trial, but I don know how it feels to be tried. Keep your hopes up and count your blessings...name then one by one!
    Remember, after every storm, comes a rainbow :) XOXO. hugs.

    ReplyDelete