Friday, September 24, 2010

UGH!

My sweet Mojo doggy hasn't been feeling so great. There have been a few times over the past few weeks that she has pee-peed on the carpet. There have also been a few times over the past week or so that she has peed outside, then walked a few steps and peed again. Strange. So when she did that the other night, I checked her "down there" to see if anything was off. I wiped her with a tissue and sure enough it was pink. My automatic assumption was that she had a urinary tract infection (UTI). I called the vet the next morning and got her in to be seen that day.


After checking her out, the doctor said that everything else looked fine. There was nothing obviously wrong and she wasn't acting weird. He decided that a urinalysis would be the best thing to do. He also suggested x-rays of her kidneys and blood work. I knew those would be expensive, so I had them price it for me. $550!!! HA! I literally laughed in their face and said "yeah, right". I decided to go ahead with the urinalysis, because that was much more in my price range (plus I had already figured that was going to needed).



The doctor took her back to "extract her urine" and brought her back in saying that he couldn't get any. He wanted to keep her for a few hours and try again... in the meanwhile charging me a boarding fee. Ha, again! No thanks, Doc. I was not about the leave my dog to be kept in a kennel just so she could pee. I decided to bring her back later. I brought her back 2 hours later, still nothing. They kept her for another hour, still nothing (but they didn't charge me for it!). they asked me to just come back in the morning and try again. At this point I was ready to give up, but I wanted my girl to get better. We drove home, she jumped out of the car and ran to the grass to pee. Are. you. kidding. me?! I was not happy.


I brought her back in this morning, told them what happened, and told them they had one last chance. I was done. They took her back and when they brought her out... success! I was so thankful that it was over with. I am done with that vet! So now we wait for results (24 hrs), get medicine and move on! I just hope it's something easily treatable... she's my first "baby" and it makes me so sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment